The simple definition of time according to Dictionary is a particular period of time for which something has been happening, or that is needed for something:
Below are some idioms that are uses when telling a time :
- In time: means “before the latest time possible.”
- On time: means “at the schedule time’ or punctually.”
- Bags of time: means “a lot of time or plenty of time.”
- Some common error which occurs in sentence.
Here are some 12 simple tips to tell a time:
- A quarter
- At about
- Just a coming up to
- Just gone
—) To tell someone what the time is, we use “it’s”
Ex: What time is it? __ it’s ten O’clock.
—) To say when something happens, we use “at”
Ex: I will meet you both at ten O’clock.
—) To give the latest time when something should happen, we use “by“
Ex: I will be back home by ten O’clock.
—) When we are not sure of the exact time, we use “about“
Ex: It’s about ten O’clock.
Now let’s have a look at some eight (8) adjectives mostly uses when expressing a manner.
Below are what they mean:
1. Be asleep = be sleeping.
2. Be awake = not be sleeping.
3. Be afraid = fear something, feel fear.
4. Be alone = be on your own, not be with anyone.
5. Be aware (of something) = take care about something, sense something.
6. Be alive = be living, not to be dead
7. Be alike = be similar, look similar.
8. Be ashamed (of something) = feel guilty about something you have done.
Here are some examples :
- Are you aware of any problems with this car?
- I’m alone in the office tomorrow while everyone else is on holiday.
- James is afraid of spider.
- Muhammad sunusi lamido sunusi, an ex emir of kano state was still alive in 2021.
- These two boys are very alike, aren’t they? – yes, they are brothers.
THANK YOU FOR READING THIS ARTICLE.